Friday, April 16, 2010

Side effects of pregnancy...

I'll begin by saying... NOT-FUN-AT-ALL!

I really do not understand those who LOVE pregnancy... I do no find it enjoyable.

I can not breathe already.

I can not sleep... when i finally get to sleep, if I have to wake up to go potty (like 2 times a night) it takes me at least an hour to fall back to sleep.

My back hurts.

My stomach itches like mad! Yes, I know this means my lovely skin is stretching... ANOTHER PLUS RIGHT?! right! I did no get big ugly stretch marks with the other two, just some small ones.. and my stomach did not itch either! ugh!

I'm tired all day every day. I really think that I could sleep all day. Luckily I have my boys to get me out of bed.

(these are all things I didn't really feel until the END of the pregnancies with Jiovan and Corbin.)

And Dr. appointments... not a fan. I love the Dr. I have in the states. He's great. unfortunately I don't think I'll be going to him since he is in Payson... and my appointments will be frequent with twins. . .driving that much isn't really practical.

And the Dr. here... lets just say he is lacking... My first (and only so far) consisted of him asking how far along I was. weighing in and taking blood pressure. Then he gets out his ultrasound machine.... see's two heads measures one to make sure it's the right size for the due date. I do not hear the heart beat or anything and he says we need to go somewhere else for a more detailed ultrasound cause his isn't good enough. He gave me a prescription for prenatal and cream for stretch marks and sent us on our way. I have another appointment on Monday so we'll see how that goes.

The one thing (and probably only) thing I like about pregnancy is feeling the baby(ies) move... I'll be honest haven't felt them move a ton and sometimes It worries me but at our second ultrasound that was a week ago they were moving like crazy and I didn't feel it so I'm sure it'll come. I do feel them on occasion though.

And I'm pretty sure I am now a twin expert all the reading on the internet. Learning a lot of things I didn't know and I don't think I can possibly learn more until I have them. This pregnancy Has been a TON different from the other times. And I really don't know what to expect.

However I am preparing early, JUST IN CASE... I've gotten all of the big things we HAVE to have before they come and I'll be making trips to wal-mar, target and getting some clothes as soon as I get back. With Jiovan I was a week over and ended up having c-section and then planned c-section with Corbin. I knew what to expect, I knew I would go the whole 40 weeks. I knew I would be having 1 baby to wake up with at night and feed. Though Jiovan and Corbin are so close they were not new born babies at the same time.. Guess we'll find out! :)

And last but not least... How are we supposed to pick 2 names when we couldn't even decide on a name for Corbin until a week AFTER he was born and we were blessing him!?


I hear the first year is Hell and then it's fun...


2 comments:

Lewyville said...

I am so sorry! I am sure carrying twins is really HARD! I did not enjoy being pregnant with any of mine and I can't imagine if there were two in there! ugh! Hang in there Nikki! PLEASE call me when you know when those babies will be making an appearance so that I can come and help! I would really love it...really!

Heather Stott said...

haha! love it! I totally know what you mean by all the crappy symptoms of pregnancy but at the same time we ASK for it! we WANT it, and with twins haven't I told you how jeleous I am! you are getting TWO for only one crappy pregnancy, you could have to go through it 9 more months of crappy pregnancy to get TWO babies! AND it so doesn't have to be HELL, you'll do just fine!! I'm so happy and excited for you! good luck with the rest of the pregnancy cuase as you know it does get worse! :) but then it makes it all worth it!!! :) Pregnancy sucks, it's hard, and horrible. I am one of thoes people that don't get why people say they LOVE it? haha..